I haven’t written in some time… as I have chosen to take a sort of sabbatical” through to the end of 2017 while I traverse this monumental transition taking place. There was part of me that was expecting the hospital consultants to sway me towards choosing a natural birth but they understood my experience of last time was very traumatic. My water broke the day before at 2pm and I did not go to the hospital until 8am yesterday morning.
He is being extremely sweet and helpful to me, getting me everything I need for the myself and the baby, offering to clean and cook for me in the first week of my being home after labor, and taking me out so that I’m not cooped up in the house all day.
The whole fiasco lasted 12 hours tops and I only progressed to 1 cm out of 10. I was only in triage at the hospital 4 hours then went home. This time, I just waited through the contractions. We ended up being in the hospital for 5 days before finally bringing her home.I was in the hospital for 3 days recovering from the surgery.
I stayed in the hospital until Friday late afternoon, when they told me it was medically advised to stop the Procardia. So the next morning around 6am I started having mild contractions, then they increased in pain and decreased in time apart, so by 8 am Jacob and I were on our way to the hospital.
I was scheduled to be induced Monday morning, and as much as I was opting not to be induced, I was going to let them because one, it would be safer for the baby not to exceed 42 weeks in utero, and two I would be more than ready at that point for Natalia to be here.